Greetings All

n4vgm

Greetings All

Post by n4vgm »

John just got me set up so I thought I'd say Hi.

Name is Bob Zimmerman from South Florida. I began playing drums in 1967 in middle school and played drums and guitar through college ending up with a BA in Theory. I still play here and there and my current kit is a 1966 slingerland "Jet" (18/12/14) in charcoal satin flame which could be seen as either a giant micro-kit or a small standard. Snare is COB. Heads are Remo Renaissance.

After finding this forum and checking it out I am getting the itch to create something "different". I did re-do two cheap drums into a micro-kit to suppliment my set. My boss was given a 14" floor tom so he gave that to me. It was such a cheapo model the wood is the thinest plywood I'd seen. Center lugs with long rods from either end. I added real collapable BD legs and a riser pedal clamp and with a very heavy batter head it sounds better than you'd think. Then I picked up a 4 lug 12" tom and added a mount that matched my hardware. I painted them both cream spray paint from Walmart. I may mod this into a "nesting" setup.

I set it up like a standard kit using an extra Slingerland 60's student model in WMP (now yellowed so the cream matches pretty well).

Anyway, I'll be lurkin'

Bob
jmettam
Site Admin

Post by jmettam »

Hey Bob,

Welcome to the forum! Keep us posted on what sort of ideas you come up with...

- John
matthew medeiros

Greetings Bob

Post by matthew medeiros »

I know another Bob Zimmerman who is a musician; plays guitar & sings, Hmm.............. I wonder if?
Matthew
n4vgm

Post by n4vgm »

Well, if I put a clothes pin on my nose and sing "Blowin' in the wind" I sound like him. :)