Gigpig cymbals

JGove33

Gigpig cymbals

Post by JGove33 »

Hey guys! I've recently been looking into building a drum that's a mix between Peter Lau's boxtail kit and the gigpig. While I was doing my research I came across some cymbals that gigpig offers. The sizes are:

Ride - 14"
Crash - 10"
Splash - 8"
Hi-Hats - 8"

Here's the link where you can read about them:

http://www.gigpig.org/pagxaro.fck.php?b=prod&p=cymb

They seem like they would be great for a real cocktail kit. Does anyone know anything about these cymbals soundwise? They're supposively the ones used on the recordings on gigpig.org, but other than that I can't find any more information on them. I do know that they are made by wuhan, they are custom made for gigpig, and that they cost 169 Euros which is about 222 USD (I think that includes shipping from Sweden), but that's really it.

-Jeremy
robertm

Post by robertm »

Hi Jeremy. I have some Wuhan cymbals - not sure if they are identical to the Gigpig but they are close I suspect. The 8' splash cymbals are great as a closed hi hat - I use them on a Gibraltar X-hat attachment. For splash they're also good. The 10' ones probably would be OK for that as well. For crash, not so great. I saw them, and a Wuhan 14" at a music store. They were was totally wrong for crash-imagine a clangy, way too fast decay. I ended up going with a Sabian 14" crash, and a 16" Sabian crash they had on sale. Both work well as crash or ride. Good luck!

Robert