Peter Lau's playing (with Roger Wang)

robertm

Peter Lau's playing (with Roger Wang)

Post by robertm »

Just got a copy of Roger Wang's album "Journey Home" from CDBaby.com. Excellent album of finger style acoustic guitar. Peter Lau plays on around half the songs-it adds a great groove to them. Peter - did you play one of your gigboxes or boxtail units on the album? In any case your playing is great-it would just be really cool if you did make AND play the drums. Great album.
PETER

album!

Post by PETER »

Hi,Robertm!
Great to hear that you had the CD,and sorry for the late reply.I just come back from Roger's 4 days gigs!OK!For that "J.Home"album,I didn't use Boxtail or Gigbox yet!Because,That's the 1st time I come into FingerStyle playing.We both had been into Jazz fusion very much,Suddenly he wanted to do something different.He call him and ask me to play for his new album....But!Just the Snare,Kick, Ride not Stick just Brushes!!! .I got STUNT!!! I'm so use to SIMON PHILLIPS kind of Busy drum playing suddenly I only allow to use only 3 things!!! wow!!I don't think I can do that???So..he let me listen to Chet and Martin's cd,so that I can understand how the drum was play with the Fingerstyle player!After 3 weeks,I like that kind of Soft playing.I take up the Challange and fly down to Kota Kinabalu(Sabah)head on to Roger's studio.I'm using the Sudio's Yamaha Recording series drum-kit!The problem come when we did the Road Show,Cause the bass drum always sound too loud(even I try my very best to play it soft!!)during the show.That's how I go into Cocktail drum,then my GigBox and Boxtail drum.You can check out Roger's new album "NO STRING ATTACHED"I using the VARI-PITCH GigBox for this cd!We just did our concert last 4 days,alot of people come up to me and ask me about my drum,some of the drummer even want to buy it on the spot!!hahaha!That's fun :D We may perfrom for this comming July JAZZ & LATIN concert.
Thanks!
Peter
PETER

cd!

Post by PETER »

Hi,Robertm!
Please go to this web and check out the "NO STRING ATTACHED" mp3!
http://www.rogerwang.net/music.htm
if you have problem,then go to:www.geocities.com/laubrothers
and just click to Roger's J.Home photo and go to music!
Peter
robertm

Post by robertm »

Hi Peter. Many thanks for the reply. I think it's great for you to be able to use your gig box in actual performance. I have looked at the website for the "No Strings Attached" CD and I want one!! I'm ordering it right away. It's interesting to hear how you came to the cocktail style of percussion, and see your originality in building them. Keep up the good work.

Robert