Cocktail drum set on ebay

MetalHead

Cocktail drum set on ebay

Post by MetalHead »

I've decided that the money I would need to spend on making my own cocktail rig would total enough so that I could justify buying one instead :) I know it would be better to make my own but I think this kit on ebay looks pretty good.

Can someone check it out and tell me what they think?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DRUM-KIT-UPRIGHT ... dZViewItem[/url]
jmettam
Site Admin

Post by jmettam »

Hey MetalHead,

I am assuming that your are in Australia! This kit is a fair bit more expensive thatn you would pay for it in the US, but to buy it here and ship would probably be the same!

This kit looks a lot like the Verve or Excel models that are out on ebay. I think that they are all the same manufacturer, just rebranded. THese less expensive kits are getting better and better. The one pictured in your ad looks like a newer model with better hardware than the old ones. I am sure it is pretty decent. Look in the forum at John Kepler's post 'Verve cocktail kit initial impression'

Are you near Melbourne? Since it is being sold by a music store perhaps you can go have a look at it.

Let us know how it goes!

- John
zorf

Post by zorf »

hey metal head,

1) buy a cheap import, your're up and drumming right away.

2) make your own later.

3) sell the import later or use it to experiment with.

4) have fun
MetalHead

Post by MetalHead »

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I will go ahead and buy that kit. I know with some nice skins and the right settings on everything I could make it sing :D

I shall post some pics if I do buy it.