pedal conversion question

ricky

pedal conversion question

Post by ricky »

I got a really cheap percussion plus pedal and for whatever reason, wont convert.I cant get the chain off...Its bumming me out cos If I could get the chain off ,this piece of junk could work....anybody ever run into this problem ?Looks like I will have to pick up the pulse pro from here anyway! peace
MetalHead

Post by MetalHead »

Hey ricky,

Could you explain how the chain is attached? Is it welded on or something?? If not, maybe look all around the chain to see if there's something holding it on that you overlooked like a screw, alen/hex key bit or something. Otherwise, I'm stumped.
ricky

pedal

Post by ricky »

The chain is is connected with a pin and seems to be stuck in there .I tried to get it out with pliers but started to break the tip of it....Looks pretty useless,other than for a regular drum.Oh well.
jmettam
Site Admin

Post by jmettam »

I have a pedal kind of like this. You will probably need to cut the ent off of the pin and find a replacement (a small nail?) once it is flipped.

Can you send us a picture of the pedal? Or maybe find one on the internet?

Here's what I found:

This one looks like it 'could' work but it might be hard to adjust if the cam is attached to the beater holder.

This one I don't think will work well. Once you flip it, the fact that there is no cam means that the chain will rub against the axle. I suspect it will have terrible action and the footbaord will sit way to high.

Just my thoughts,

- John
ricky

pedal conversion

Post by ricky »

Hey John,the pedal I have is just like the second one in the picture{bummer}...It is attached to the beater ,I am gonna monkey around with taking the pin off and replacing a nail in there,convert it and I'll let you know what happens...this is gonna be funny