$125 cocktail drum (finish cracked)

jmettam
Site Admin

$125 cocktail drum (finish cracked)

Post by jmettam »

Hey All,

There is what looks like a vintage cocktail drum on ebay for $125 Buy It Now.

The finish is cracked but it looks like all the hardware is there including the ever-evasive pedal bracket. No pedal though.

This would be a great project drum for someone who wants to do a refinishing job. All you have to do is buy the new wrap and a pedal. You could probably finish the entire thing for around $200

Just though I'd pass it on so one of you guys can snap it up!

Here is a link to it:

<a href="http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-1751- ... Item">eBay - Used Cocktail Drum</a>

ratatattat

Post by ratatattat »

Hiya John,
Great idea, I was looking at that too! The multiple cocktail idea for a set of more than one main tall drum needs the 16" diameter drum too, I bought a Ludwig 16" miami beach drum & it was perfect to be the floor tom & one bass drum, my 14" was the snare & a second bass drum, although almost impossible to play standing,..... This one could be covered to match.......I don't think I'd ever use these in a live situation though,.........I don't know what makes me think of these things..........driven by drums.....shorty
traleeman

Post by traleeman »

Hi all. I bought this drum and refinished it. I'm going to post some pictures of it soon. I would love if there was any way to ge the photo of the original from ebay. I ment to take a before and after photos. Thanks Traleeman
jmettam
Site Admin

Post by jmettam »

Tell me what the drum looked like. I used to collect a lot of miscellaneous Cocktail Drum pictures from ebay. I may still have it saved in a folder somewhere. It's worth a look!

- John
traleeman

Post by traleeman »

It was a cocktail drum from ebay that had red sparkle finish that was cracked. It also had the bass drum bracket and a cowbell. Thanks ahead of time. Traleeman 8)
zimbop

Post by zimbop »

traleeman wrote:Hi all. I bought this drum and refinished it. I'm going to post some pictures of it soon. I would love if there was any way to ge the photo of the original from ebay. I ment to take a before and after photos. Thanks Traleeman
Try searching for the auction on google and click on their 'cached' page link. Maybe they still have a copy. If they don't have a cached version of the auction page then try image searches for whatever key words appeared closest to the picture in the ad.