Hey All! New Peace Manhattan kit.

Spihunter

Hey All! New Peace Manhattan kit.

Post by Spihunter »

New to the board.

I just got a Peace Manhattan kit off of ebay. I love it so far. I got a pair of 10" Zildjian hi hats for it and put a Aquarian preformance head on the kick drum with a falam slam pad. It sounds really good.

I play mostly experimental geek rock. I'm putting out a rock/comic soon. here's the myspace page: http://myspace.com/scientificsuperstar

No cocktail drums on the current recordings, but I plan on using them in the live show to play along with the drum samples.

Paul G.
Spihunter

Post by Spihunter »

I'm also looking for a good crash/ride. I've seen folks recommending the Sabian AA 18" El Sabor. Is there any others that anyone would rcommend?.

My music style changes a lot so something in the neutral range?
jottesen

Post by jottesen »

HI

I use a Zildjian 19" hybrid crash.

Jottesen :D
zimbop

Post by zimbop »

I have also been curious about the el sabor, but have yet to find one to try in person. I have also been bugging my local shop about when theyr'e going to get more of the Z hybrids in, supposedly last week, but when I went to look, they had the whole cymbal wall down for repainting, so I'll have to try again this weekend. I am looking forward to trying both as a crash/ride possibility.

About the peace kit, could you elaborate a bit on what it's like? I have seen them on ebay too and at the price it seems like a good deal, but I was afraid it would be too cheap. How's the hardware and such? Which 10" hats did you get?