Trigger Triangle Questons

jmettam
Site Admin

Trigger Triangle Questons

Post by jmettam »

Here is a question fro a myspace user:
Hi John-

My name is Ryan and I'm an aspiring cocktail kit player. I noticed on an article of yours, on the cocktail drum lounge, that you have a mounted triangle holder. I've seen this holder at musiciansfriend but wondered if the magnet was strong enough to hold it in place to be played- or do you have to remove the unit and hold it with one hand while striking with the other?

Please let me know what you think of the trigger holder because, if you can vouch for it, it may save me from having to fabricate something myself.

Cheers,

Ryan

PS- The music on your myspace page is cool!
jmettam
Site Admin

Trigger Triangle Answer

Post by jmettam »

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for checking out cocktaildrum.com!

The magnet triangle mount is very stong! It's a bit surprising at first. When you go to place the trigger triangle hold on it, you get just close enough, and then it suddenly GRABS it very solidly.

I'm sure if you are a very heavy player and you give it a really seerious whack, you could make it fall off but I have never had a problem.

The tribber mount itself works well also. It is very easy to reach out and grab the cushioned portion quickly to begin muting the triangle. Having the playing surface lying flat also makes for quick transitions between kit and triangle!

The only ptential weekness I see are the small rubber loops that hang the triangle. Again, I have never had a problem with these but if you are very rough on it, I could see them breaking especialy if you do not pack it carefully during transportatin.

Hope this is helpful.

I am going to post your question and my answer on the message forum at cocktaildrum.com

Feel free to sign up so that you can participate with questions and answers with our community of Cocktail Drummers!

Thanks,

John

hayden

Post by hayden »

That looks like a good triangle holder! I wish I knew about these when I used to play in concert bands... I always struggled with a piece of string :( Looking at it makes me feel like playing 'Soul Bossa Nova'!

Hayden.