Video of my Peace Manhattan kit

Spihunter

Video of my Peace Manhattan kit

Post by Spihunter »

Here's me playing some simple beats on my Peace Manhattan. Just thought I'd share :)

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rH64w0CiR5Y&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed>
zimbop

Post by zimbop »

I like your bass sound. You help me realize that I can probably do better with mine. That's quite a ride cymbal you've got hanging out there, I was afraid to use a cymbal that big on mine.
Spihunter

Post by Spihunter »

Hey thanks,

I've got an Aquarian preformance head on the kick drum with a falam slam pad.
Did that from a suggestion from someone on this board. It sounds nice and fat.
I've got my snare cranked pretty high too, so that may be making the bass sound more clear.
zimbop

Post by zimbop »

What kind of head is that? 2ply? Muffled? Hydraulic? Also, what's the slam bam thingy, I don't know that term?
Spihunter

Post by Spihunter »

The Falam slam pad is basically a sticker that you put on the bass head where the pad hits.
It muffles the sound a bit so it doesnt ring out so much.

I'm not sure what kind of the head the aquarian is.... I just know that it is fantastic. i love it.
I wish I was more help on that?
tikifreak

kick head and pad

Post by tikifreak »

The head is an Aquarian Performance II. It has a built in muffler ring around the outer edge and is designed for low tuning. It might be a full two-ply, or maybe just a second ply ring around the outer edge, I'm not sure. Aquarian kick drum heads don't come in sizes smaller than 18", so the Performance II is a good substitute for 16", 15", and 14" cocktail kick drums.

The Falam Slam pad is made by Remo for kick drum heads, to reinforce where the beater hits the head. These come in 4" diameter and 2.5" diameter sizes. I recommend the smaller size for cocktail drums.

I use this head and pad on my Yamaha 16" x 16" floor tom / kick drum and it sounds really great to me. (Coated Pinstripe on top, in case you were wondering.)

play it cool,
tikifreak
zimbop

Re: kick head and pad

Post by zimbop »

tikifreak wrote:The head is an Aquarian Performance II. It has a built in muffler ring around the outer edge and is designed for low tuning. It might be a full two-ply, or maybe just a second ply ring around the outer edge, I'm not sure. Aquarian kick drum heads don't come in sizes smaller than 18", so the Performance II is a good substitute for 16", 15", and 14" cocktail kick drums.

The Falam Slam pad is made by Remo for kick drum heads, to reinforce where the beater hits the head. These come in 4" diameter and 2.5" diameter sizes. I recommend the smaller size for cocktail drums.

I use this head and pad on my Yamaha 16" x 16" floor tom / kick drum and it sounds really great to me. (Coated Pinstripe on top, in case you were wondering.)

play it cool,
tikifreak
Interesting... I looked for a damped aquarian head in 16" and couldn't really find anything. I use a 16" lidwig floor tom for my bass, and I would have liked to try one of those heads. I ended up getting an evans hydraulic, which sounds nice but it rings differently than a damped head would I think.

I understnad what the slam pad is now, I just never heard that name for it before. I used one on my traditional kit, but I haven't put one on my cocktail tom yet because I don't have the pedal attached yet. I need to get that squared away before I know where to put the kick pad.

Thanks for the info.
zimbop

Post by zimbop »

tikifreak: Another question: Is your Aquarian Performance II coated or clear? I went to find one tonight and found only a coated version. I don't suppose it would matter that much but I'm still curious. Thanks.
Spihunter

Post by Spihunter »

Hey zimbop,

I got mine right here:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Aquarian-Pe ... 1141367.gc

(not sure if thats a legal link or not :oops: )
zimbop

Post by zimbop »

Spihunter wrote:Hey zimbop,

I got mine right here:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Aquarian-Pe ... 1141367.gc

(not sure if thats a legal link or not :oops: )
Ok that one is clear. I'll hold out for that.