Pulse Pro Pedal on Sale!

jmettam
Site Admin

Pulse Pro Pedal on Sale!

Post by jmettam »

Hey All,

The Pulse Pro Pedal is on sale at Musician's Friend right now for $24.99

<a href="http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-2211425- ... sku=444565" target="_blank">GOTO THE PULSE PRO PEDAL HERE</a>

As most of you know this is a great pedal for the price and excellent for Cocktail conversion.

See my instructions:

http://www.cocktaildrum.com/learn/const ... pedal.html

Jus t thought I'd pass it along...

- John
zimbop

Post by zimbop »

After your last suggestion of this pedal I read a bunch of reviews, and it gets a lot of thumbs-down for quality of construction. I was planning to get one, but those comments scared me off. Can you offer any insight on that issue? Thanks.
jmettam
Site Admin

Post by jmettam »

Hey Zimbop,

I had one for a few months and sold it with a Cocktail Drum. My impression of the pedal was very good although I did not use it extensively. At this price, I am definitely going to buy another one. Maybe two.

From reading the reviews, it sounds like these are from some heavy hitters, so I wonder if the people that had problems subjected their pedals to so extreme force.

For my Cocktail purposes I do not need a pedal designed for a Metal drummer so it felt very solid to me.

The other point I wold make is, if you are a DIYer, a striped bolt will not be a major problem especially when considering the price!

What can I say, Caveat emptor!

I know there are some others on the forum that are using the Pulse. ANy other input?

Thanks!

- John
robertm

Post by robertm »

I still have the Pulse pedal I started with. I tried several other cheap pedals from American Musical Supply and Music 123 and all of them either were unconvertible or REALLY cheap - the stamped metal type. I haven't seen anything as well built as the Pulse except at maybe three to six times the price. If you aren't a heavy metal drummer it should work really well.
zimbop

Post by zimbop »

I have a lead on a DW7000 on craigs list locally. Anyone tried to convert one of those?
jmettam
Site Admin

Post by jmettam »

zimbop wrote:I have a lead on a DW7000 on craigs list locally. Anyone tried to convert one of those?
Have you checked out Joe Palacki's page on converting a DW5000?

http://www.cocktaildrum.com/learn/const ... pedal.html

I'll bet there are similarities...

- John
multiperc

Post by multiperc »

Can't speak on converting this pedal, since I never did. I originally got it for use it with my cocktail kit but first used it on a simple recording kit (kick, snare, hats, a couple cymbals) - since the balance and action felt good, I ended up continuing to use it that way.

I've played various styles using the pedal and it's been consistantly smooth and the one I get happened to be quiet which was a plus for recording. I haven't done any extremely heavy playing on it, nor has it left my recording space, so I can't speak for it's durabilty or reliability for frequent traveling/gigging use.

I may get another one one of these pedals as a second for my cocktail kit, and from John's post here, it looks very easy to convert.