Club Jordan Cocktail sets discontinued?

bongojimi

Club Jordan Cocktail sets discontinued?

Post by bongojimi »

Hi all
Hope you all had a great Holiday.
I was "googling" yamaha club jordans' and it appears to be that they are no longer available. Yamaha must have discontinued their production.
Anyone have the scoop on this.
I own one and their great sets but a little pricy.

Peace

Bongo
jmettam
Site Admin

Post by jmettam »

Good eye Bongo!

It looks like most places carry the single drum in silver. Musician's Friend still has the add on drums. I wonder if there are phasing the whole thing out? Too much competition from the smaller drum makers?

- John
Randy Rudolph

Post by Randy Rudolph »

If it is discontinued, most likely it's because it was too expensive for most people. I know that's why I never bought one. I work for a Yamaha dealer, so I could have gotten a very substantial discount but even with that it was more than I was willing to pay.
zimbop

Post by zimbop »

The price certainly stopped me from buying one. I also enjoyed putting my own together, but I wouldn't have even sprung that kind of money for a full kit either.
bongojimi

Post by bongojimi »

I agree they were "Rich"...I got mine on E-bay for around $800. you could get a pretty good starter (Full) drum set for the $1200 they wanted.
That being said Yamaha did not scrimp on quality. Anything with Yamaha 's name on it is for the most part top quality.
I've paid for mine giging it and now I own it free and clear. I toyed with selling it but after seeing some of the other models available I just keep it. The botique drum shops that make them want just as much and you DO get what you payfor. Club Jordans other than the foot pedal were pretty solid gear. I upgraded my snare but that was cause I already had a 10" DW that was awsom.
I'm sorta glad the stop making them. now their going to be harder to find and hold their price.
Summer is comming and the deck gigs will be played with my now exstinct Club Jordan

peace

Bongo