Tosco Cymbals?

zimbop

Tosco Cymbals?

Post by zimbop »

I have been on quite a quest for a good pair of mini hi-hats. Tonight I found something I'd never seen. At guitar center in minneapolis they had a set of 12" Tosco hats. Apparently they were an italian cymbal, bought out at some point by sabian who later quit making them. I guess sabian has started them up again perhaps. Anyway, they were on 2 for 1 special so I got the set for $68. They actually sound pretty good for the price. Much better than the ZHT at a similar price. Not as good as the higher lines but again for half the price of a set of AA minis they're not bad.

Anyone ever heard of these or used them before? I bought them mostly so I'd have something to use while I continue my search for the ultimate 12s. The only likely way that quest will end is the day I order some custom accelerators from Sabian, but they're like $350 and take 12 weeks to get so I haven't bit that bullet yet.
zimbop

Post by zimbop »

Ok so I've started seeing more of these now. GC locally has a couple other cymbals. They reiterate that it's a sabian product but still don't know much and Sabian seems to pretend they don't exist.

Now that I have them home and in my kit, I can safely say that they're an ok solution for now, but I'm still looking for something else if you know what I mean. Yeah they're not as bad as the ZHTs but they're definitely cheap cymbals. For the money it's a decent way to get something on there till I find the real thing.