new member hello

robertm

Post by robertm »

Yes - a red "Arbor."

Among other changes I've replaced the straight cymbal arm with an offset one which gets the cymbal out from being right over the top snare. It's easier to get the sticks higher now to really whack the snare.
dr. ron

Post by dr. ron »

robertm
Interesting set up. So, you play with the two small toms directly in front of you? Don't you find the snare on the large tom gets in the way? The reason I ask is that I see the stool on the other side.
robertm

Post by robertm »

iI don't actually use the setup in that last picture. Currently my cocktail drum is set up with the small hihat (8 in. Wuhan splashes) on my right, the "toms" on the left (similar to John Mettam's set up) and the cymbal out front. It's a lot easier to reach everything. i''ll post another pic soon.

Now that you've had some time to work with a cocktail set, how do you like it? Could you use it on a gig?
dr. ron

Post by dr. ron »

robertm
I'm still in somewhat the experimental stage, however, my current setup seems comfortable. I could use them on a gig. This weekend I tryed Ddrum triggers on them and ran the triggers to a Roland V6 module and from the module to a Hartke bass amp. The sound is awesome.
I tried posting some photos in the Gallery on the weekend, (didn't work). It looked like they were uploading but when i looked for them they were'nt there.
I have a website of my own that I might put the photos as well as some video on.
dr. ron

Post by dr. ron »

robertm
did you have any problem uploading the photo?
robertm

Post by robertm »

Yes - that wasn't the board, just me. I think I used the wrong browser-it should have been MSIE, I use Firefox. I did try it again, can't tell if it worked. Maybe if you check later.

[/img]