Help needed - cases for Club Jordan

Flip

Help needed - cases for Club Jordan

Post by Flip »

Hello all, I recently bought a club Jordan cocktail kit. I love it and want to take care of it. I can not seem to locate the yamaha case set which would be my 1st choice. Any leads here would be helpful. I am currently using a rack tom padded bag for the 2 Toms which works quite well, but I only have a canvas conga bag for the lg. bass/tom. It just doesn't protect it enough. The bags/cases linked here on the cocktail site appear to be too small at 12 1/2" as you know the bass drum has a 15" head. Again any advice or leads would be appreciated. Thanks, Flip
zimbop

Post by zimbop »

Could you take a couple 15" tom cases, remove the covers and zip them together to make an extra deep case? A luggage shop should be able to rework the zipper for you. Or did you want hard cases? How about the same idea, just strapping together two rigid cases with the covers removed. Some clever hardware might be in order there.
matthew medeiros

Cases

Post by matthew medeiros »

zimbop wrote:Could you take a couple 15" tom cases, remove the covers and zip them together to make an extra deep case? A luggage shop should be able to rework the zipper for you. Or did you want hard cases? How about the same idea, just strapping together two rigid cases with the covers removed. Some clever hardware might be in order there.
Humes & Berg will make you a custom sized case (hard case) vulcanized fiber. You have to go to a drum shop or music store that carries their cases and pay up front but they will make them for you. also, the case manufacturer from Musicians friend will custom order cases (through Musicians friend) for you, again pre paid, and I think Musicians friend has a minimum order of around $100. bucks for custom ordered cases. You could search ebay, the multiple tom cases do come up from time to time, although, when you ad shipping charges to something as large as a drum case you might as well go down & order from Humes & Berg. I like the vulcanized fiber cases from Humes & Berg the best, they last a very, very long time, cost a little more but I have yet to wear one out.
Matthew
jmettam
Site Admin

Post by jmettam »

My Club Jordan (main drum) bag is a Beato. I see conga bags and 3-tom bags from Beato:

Triple-tom bag fits a 14" drum and 3 drums (12,10,9) for 31 inches tall

The conga bags listed only go up to 12.5" diameter but mine fits the 15" Club Jordan drum just right! Maybe it was a custom order.

From the Beato website:

http://www.beatobags.com/

CONGA BAGS - Available in all styles. Quinto (18" x 31"), Conga (19" x 31"), Tumba (20" x 31"). Custom sizes welcome (2-3 week delivery. Add 10% custom cut)

Might be the easiest route to go in the long run?

- John
Flip

Post by Flip »

Thanks, guys, I'll look into these options. The beato bag looks like what I'm after, John could you give me the measurements so I can figure out which one they offer it might be? I will also look into the fiber cases, but the "custom" label usually means unneccessary expense. I'm not opposed to spending some money though, if the club jordans are in fact out of production, I think, if taken care of, they'll only go up in value. I'll keep you posted on my quest. Flip
jmettam
Site Admin

Post by jmettam »

Hey Flip,

Outside: 18.5" diameter x 30" tall

Looks like about 17' inside diameter. That's why it fits so nicely with the mounting hardware and stick board! The straps & reinforcement look like the Beato Conga bags.

Give them a shout and see what they can do.

- John
Flip

Post by Flip »

John, Ya, It looks lile the Beato quinto conga bag and is probably the direction I'll go. I have an e mail out to Fred at Beato to find out the cost of cutomizing one, but w/ your info.,am thinking that the standard one will work just fine. Man, the Club Jordans play SO much better then the knock off made in China set I was using the last couple of years. And as a long time drummer - don't you just love playing standing up! Flip
milwaukee

Yamaha Club Jordan bags

Post by milwaukee »

metrodrum

Nomad Fiber Cases

Post by metrodrum »

I've seen Nomad cases on ebay, not the cheapest, but they are fiber and look pretty decent - they are a Canadian company I believe
metrodrum

Case on Ebay - 8/23

Post by metrodrum »

Item number: 200244250699 on ebay right now - 45 bucks or so - old Humes & Berg case 18 x 30
bykrmyk

Re: Case on Ebay - 8/23

Post by bykrmyk »

metrodrum wrote:Item number: 200244250699 on ebay right now - 45 bucks or so - old Humes & Berg case 18 x 30
Unfortunately, they don't want to ship that case. Too expensive because of it's size. I checked UPS and it's about $400! So if anyone is in Indiana you can go by and pick it up.