looking for mounting rods

bigmike

Post by bigmike »

Hey folks, I'm new round here and new to cocktail kits. Better still, I'm new to drumming. Well I bought this cheap kit 3 weeks ago just to try it out. I've already started mounting new stuff to it.
I want to find a selection of mounting rods. The kind that come with most kits I've seen. Like the cymbal rod. It is an expanded Z shaped but fairly long. I've checked out cymbal arms @ Musician's Friend, etc but I'm 6'8" and would like something that mounts the cymbal / accessory kind of high. I also want lots of options that are not terribly expensive. All of the rods I have seen come as part of a package (Everything Racks, Claws, etc) and they're not very long. Any help? This is the coolest site. Thanks.
bykrmyk

Post by bykrmyk »

Welcome BigMike! You can make your own custom rods from 3/8" steel rod that you can get at HomeDepot or Lowes or a steel supplier. Just file a little notch where you want to bend it a shape it the way you want. You can polish it and clear coat it or paint it or have it powder coated if you want to get fancy.

That's the cheapest way I know of. Good luck with your set and post some pics for us.
bigmike

Post by bigmike »

That's just what I did today. Easy as pie! Thanks for the reply. Did I already say this site is the coolest?