question for Club Jordan & Expresso owners / players

tikifreak

question for Club Jordan & Expresso owners / players

Post by tikifreak »

For all you Club Jordan, Slingerland Expresso - and similar setup - owners & players out there whose kits have an attached side snare, I have a question: Does kicking the bass pedal on your main drum make the snares rattle on your side snare? I have a feeling it does cause some rattle, and am wondering how much. Please elaborate.

I am considering mounting a 10" snare onto the shell of a 16" x 16" floor tom using leg brackets, an L-rod, and a YESS mount (similar to the Club Jordan), and I want to know how much snare rattling I am going to have when using the kick pedal underneath it. This will be like a shorter Club Jordan setup for sit-down playing, very much like the Slingerland Expresso kit.

thanks,
tikifreak
zorf

Post by zorf »

neither of my snares have sympithetic vibrations. You should be fine.
Let us know how it goes.
jmettam
Site Admin

Post by jmettam »

Any snare rattle that I get is NOT from the drums being attached to each other but instead from sympathetic vibration. Just like any other snare drum with any other drum kit. Tuning and muffling are the keys there!

- John
imradioboy

Post by imradioboy »

I play the Expresso and have no problems with the snares vibrating. The factory snare that came with the set is pretty good.