Pedal advice

jjperry

Pedal advice

Post by jjperry »

Hey all, just a question about pedals.

I saw the site tutorial on reversing a DW5000 pedal. But I just don't want to spend the money on the 5000.

Have any of you had experience playing or reversing the DW4000P pedal? I'm guessing the process to reverse is the same as the 5000, but I'm not sure, not having done it before.

Any help would be most appreciated!
jmettam
Site Admin

Post by jmettam »

Hey JJ,

I took a quick look at some pics of the DW4000P. It looks like you could probably reverse it. THe big difference between the 4000 and 5000 is the 4000 has a chain. This makes it harder to adjust the throw since there won't be any spare length to work with.

It does look like it has a separate throw and beater holder which is critical to making it work. I would go for it and take lots of pictures and notes in case you needed to get yourself back to the beginning again. It really shouldn't be too hard though.

Hope that helps.

- John
jjperry

Post by jjperry »

jmettam wrote:Hey JJ,

I took a quick look at some pics of the DW4000P. It looks like you could probably reverse it. THe big difference between the 4000 and 5000 is the 4000 has a chain. This makes it harder to adjust the throw since there won't be any spare length to work with.

It does look like it has a separate throw and beater holder which is critical to making it work. I would go for it and take lots of pictures and notes in case you needed to get yourself back to the beginning again. It really shouldn't be too hard though.

Hope that helps.

- John
Thanks John, I'm going to give it a try!
zimbop

Post by zimbop »

My Iron Cobra conversion turned out less than ideal with very minimal adjustability. I checked out a lot of pedals and decided the DW7000 would probably be the best for converting. It's usually cheaper than the 5000 too I think.
Daddy-O

Post by Daddy-O »

Hmmm....on the other hand, MY Iron Cobra has turned out to be my best pedal! LOL! To each their own, I guess! :D

John
zimbop

Post by zimbop »

Daddy-O wrote:Hmmm....on the other hand, MY Iron Cobra has turned out to be my best pedal! LOL! To each their own, I guess! :D

John
I loved the iron cobra as a conventional pedal, but I just can't get mine adjusted right for a good feel swinging up, mostly because there really aren't any adjustments. And it was very difficult to convert compared to my mapex pedal which I sold with my old mapex kit, sadly. I have my eye on the 7000 someday unless something else comes up.
traleeman

Post by traleeman »

I used a pearl peddle. I spent about $50-60. works great!