Tama Iron Cobra Jr. Pedal - UPDATE!

dinsdale

Tama Iron Cobra Jr. Pedal - UPDATE!

Post by dinsdale »

Update:
(':D')
I wandered over to the local Ren Festival and found a leather shop. I wandered through their scraps pile to find various pieces that would fit my needs. I paid five dollars and I was on my way. I got it home and cut the piece to about 10 inches and pierced the strip at both end to attached the hex bolt on one end and the thin screw to attach the to the front of the pedal. The action on it is smooth. I'm glad I didn't have to return it. I'll post pics in a bit along with my Taye cocktail kit.

I bought an Iron Cobra Jr. pedal and reversed it and ran into a chain length issue. Basically the pedal is way too high and there is no play on the arm. I went to the local drum store. They have a pretty impressive shop as they specialize in drums and only drums. When I asked about a longer chain for the Iron Cobra Jr. they said they didn;t have anything to match it. Am I asking the impossible?!?
Last edited by dinsdale on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:37 am, edited 6 times in total.
Dinkus

Post by Dinkus »

If you can't find a chain you could get a piece of leather and make a longer strap. You'll find it may have a bit of give but it'll work.

Dinkus
matthew medeiros

cobra chain

Post by matthew medeiros »

Don't they have replacement chains? Buy a second replacement chain, make sure you have a master link( you should get a new master link with the second chain), you should be able to make your new chain as long as you want by buying replacement chains and adding to the length of the original chain. You will have to learn how to splice into the chain with the master link. Should be possible. After that you will be a Master Linker!! I know, it's a bad pun
Matthew
Dinkus

Post by Dinkus »

Taye make cocktail shell's? Cool what wood are they made of? Ray Ayotte (is he still with Taye) has some crafty designs

Dinkus
bykrmyk

Post by bykrmyk »

I realize you've solved the problem, but you can use a piece of bicycle chain or motorcycle chain if you can't get a second chain to lengthen the original. You might also be able bend the rod on the beater to get more swing.
dinsdale

Taye Kit

Post by dinsdale »

The Taye kit is a Basswood/Birch shell. I actually bought it off someone that used a 16x16 floor tom from a Tour Pro kit and he converted some pieces from a Go Kit, a 12x6 tom to the snare and a 10x5 tom as well. It's of the Slingerland Expresso Design but a little bigger.

Jim