16 inch drum cradle

dickdog

16 inch drum cradle

Post by dickdog »

i am looking for a cradle to hold my drum, to play it in the horizontal position. Not finding much on an internet search. I was thinking of useing 2 cocktail drums. One horizontal, one floor tom, along with a snare, and a ride tom.
jmettam
Site Admin

Post by jmettam »

Hey Dog,

Are you looking to hold a 16" Cocktail Drum or a 16x16 floor tom?

Look in the Cocktail Drum Shop under Hardware, there are two items:

1 - the Pearl Jungle Jig

This comes with legs that require floor tom leg brackets and a pedal bracket that fits into a Pearl style mount. So you may have to buy a Pearl ISS mount as well to get it working.

I have this converter and it is rock solid. Breaks down to a relatively small package. You want a drum with strong leg clamps.

2 - DW Bass Drum Riser

I have not used this one. I am not sure how far back the rear supports can go but I am sure that would be the deciding factor. Much more pricey and bulky.

There is also the Danmar Tom Kick Riser

I have one of these as well and it works great. If your lugs are short you could run into problems. It did not work on my Mapex floor tom but works fine on all my vintage drums. There is a tube that can expand out to about 16+ inches that connects the font and back pieces. If you are using this on a cocktail drum you would need to use some additional tubing to make the system stable. A bit more bulky than the Pearl but very stable.

Hope this helps.

- John
dickdog

Post by dickdog »

jmettam wrote:Hey Dog,

Are you looking to hold a 16" Cocktail Drum or a 16x16 floor tom?

Look in the Cocktail Drum Shop under Hardware, there are two items:

1 - the Pearl Jungle Jig

This comes with legs that require floor tom leg brackets and a pedal bracket that fits into a Pearl style mount. So you may have to buy a Pearl ISS mount as well to get it working.

I have this converter and it is rock solid. Breaks down to a relatively small package. You want a drum with strong leg clamps.

2 - DW Bass Drum Riser

I have not used this one. I am not sure how far back the rear supports can go but I am sure that would be the deciding factor. Much more pricey and bulky.

There is also the Danmar Tom Kick Riser

I have one of these as well and it works great. If your lugs are short you could run into problems. It did not work on my Mapex floor tom but works fine on all my vintage drums. There is a tube that can expand out to about 16+ inches that connects the font and back pieces. If you are using this on a cocktail drum you would need to use some additional tubing to make the system stable. A bit more bulky than the Pearl but very stable.

Hope this helps.

- John
So the jungle jig will work on a cocktail drum? If so it looks good. I can do what I am trying to do for under $75.
PETER

Post by PETER »

hey Dog!
This is my home-made Mini kick Riser.Just normal plywood to support the 13" & 16" kick.Very little $ spending.Hope this pic can help you on you drum's project!