New kit?

clrizz

New kit?

Post by clrizz »

Hi all, new member here. 8) I've only been drumming for about a year, and due to attending a local open mic regularly, I have decided I need to purchase a cocktail kit.
I want to keep it under $500 to start. I am looking at GP, HB, or Trixon, but would like to hear opinions on these kits or any others that would fit in my budget. I don't really want to replace heads and cymbals right away, so I am looking at something that plays well "out of the box", so to speak. Thanks.
clrizz

bump...

Post by clrizz »

Don't mean to be pushy. Any thoughts? I'm looking to buy in the next week or two.
matthew medeiros

new kit

Post by matthew medeiros »

Do you want a brand new kit or just new to you? If you are careful you should be able to find a used kit on e-bay for well under 500. The only new kit(s) I'm familiar with are the club Jordans (Yamaha) and they are very solid kits. Not made new anymore, you will have to find used. I, personally, am not familiar with the other brands you mentioned, although I'm sure there are other members on here with some thoughts.
Matthew
Dinkus

Post by Dinkus »

I highly doubt you'll find a kit that works right out of the box no matter what price your gonna pay that is gig ready for the sound your gonna look for. I also suggest checking the search links as there has been extensive talk about cheap kits and build quality. Really spend the $30.00 on 2 skins for the kick/snare combo and spend the HOURS tuning it. You'll be happy you did. Spend as much as you can for quality it does make a difference, my Club Jordan is a great mix of bang for buck and price. If you're going cheap make sure the kit has quality shell, you'd hate to have to buy a new kit later cause you cheaped out for junk. Good luck on the hunt and do check the search link.

Dink