Padded carrying bag for Yamaha Club Jordan?

Bruce the K (old)

Post by Bruce the K (old) »

Hi there, fellow cocktail fanatics.<br>
<br>
I've slowly been getting myself together and now I'm ready to start carrying my drum around and playing with some friends. I bought a padded bag for my cymbals and a plain old duffel bag for my few pieces of hardware. However, I've had no success finding someone to make me a padded carrying bag for my cocktail drum itself. I've tried two reputable music stores so far but neither can seem to come up with a quote from the people they claim they know who make custom bags.<br>
<br>
Does anybody know of a source on the web for custom-made carrying bags for odd-sized drums like mine? (It's 17 and 1/2 inches in diameter at the widest part, the percussion board, about 16 inches in diameter at the other end, and it's 26 inches long, counting the fully retracted feet.)<br>
<br>
Any suggestions would be appreciated.<br>
<br>
Also, apropos of nothing in particular, I realized the other day that I'm really playing a sort of quasi-tympani. When I have the bass pedal touching the bottom head, the top head has a slightly higher pitch. When I want to do a fill, I can get a little variety by starting with the pedal firmly against the head and then dropping it and playing the top head away from the snares. Kind of subtle but I like it.<br>
<br>
Bruce the K
<p></p><i></i>
John Mettam

Post by John Mettam »

Also, I imagine other companies like Humes & Berg would do custom work. There was a custom case company in Boston but I can't remember the name. They are popular for Acoustic Bass cases. Anybody know the name??<br>
<br>
For those of you with 14" drums, I use an LP cunga bag and it is perfect. That and a small courier bag from totes for ALL my hardware and percussion. I also use an H&B cunga flight case which is just tall enough for me to get the hardware in the top of the case with the drum. It's held up great on the road.<br>
<br>
Good Luck!<br>
<br>
John
<p></p><i></i>
Dean koba

Post by Dean koba »

HI,<br>
You can specail order a large Pro-1 bag from Beato. Find out who is a retailer in your area, give him the exact dimensions for the tube, & have them custom order you a case.<br>
<br>
Good Luck.<br>

<p></p><i></i>
Don

Post by Don »

Go to www.drummaker.com or call 1-800-NEW-DRUM<br>
<br>
They will make any (ANY) size you need. I've had my cocktail cases made by them - they're the nicest soft case for the money. They have a cool red velvet lining. It just takes a couple weeks for delivery.<br>
<br>
Nice fellas to deal with, too.
<p></p><i></i>