a diversion

multiperc

a diversion

Post by multiperc »

hi all
i've taken a slight turn since building my standup cocktail kit a few years ago. I've done some good gigging and recording with my cocktail and it's been inspiring...

About a year ago I picked up a 16x16 Premier tom at a yard sale. $5 with one head, a shell crack, sans legs, and missing 1rim and 10 rods. Added some new hardware, patched the crack and found it's tone for far more than 5bucks, but it's now a great dual purpose small kick. I've been looking to do this for some time and prior had experimented with 'nicer' floor toms, but now I have one dedicated to this function, and can be played either vertically or horizontally. it's fun to play and it has range, but not a ton of volume and obviously a higher pitched fundamental than a 22.

All this is a diversion because now I've been sitting using this kit rather than standing with my more 'trad' cocktail kit. But I'm liking both and the new challenges each brings to my playing. My studio kit is getting close to no use tho!

Here are some pics. I'm fortunate enough to have other drums, cymbals and hardware waiting in the wings so that this kit can live on it's own without limiting the others.... oh wait. I DO have to share the inverted pedal!

let me know what you think

http://www.freewebs.com/multiperc/phot ... 1076.JPG