Groove Percussion

FunkyWilly

Post by FunkyWilly »

I have recently heard something about Groove Percussion cocktail drums. Groove percussion is a name I have seen on low-end drum kits, but I have never seen their cocktail kits. Has anyone seen them or know anything about them? Quality? Price? Anything?<br>
<br>
thanks,<br>
FunkyWilly
<p></p><i></i>
jmettam
Site Admin

Post by jmettam »

Hey Willy,<br>
<br>
Groove Percussion came out with a 'cocktail' kit a couple of years ago. I don't think that they make it anymore but I could be wrong. The quality is very bad. Shells made of fiber/resin, very low grade hardware. Imagine those little kids drum kits for $150. It's the same (lack of) quality. The kit sold for $200 new and had a main drum plus two toms (no snare). The main drum MAY have had a snare under the top head but I don't think so, can't remember. It is basically a cheap run-off to look like the Yamaha Club Jordan. If you get one you will probably want to replace the mounting hardware, bass drum pedal, and rig up a snare system.<br>
<br>
Hope this helps<br>
<br>
John<br>
<br>

<p></p><i></i>
FunkyWilly

Post by FunkyWilly »

Thanks John, <br>
<br>
I appreciate the response. Sounds like it may not be terribly usable for much beyond "trying out" the cocktail kit concept.<br>
<br>
-FunkyWilly
<p></p><i></i>