gig's photos

PETER

gig's photos

Post by PETER »

Hi! long time didn't apper here! last saturday did a gigs with my brother(Bass)friend(guitar).Using my 10" mini cocktail drum.I use one of my Tama cymbal stand and convert it to my drum-stool(the original drum stool is too short!!!).
robertm

Post by robertm »

Hi Peter! Nice to hear from you again.

It was nice to see one of your drums in action. I remember when you posted the pictures of the 10 inch and 12 inch drums. Do they have a deeper sound than the Boxtail units?

Thanks for posting.
PETER

Post by PETER »

[quote="robertm"]Hi Peter! Nice to hear from you again.

It was nice to see one of your drums in action. I remember when you posted the pictures of the 10 inch and 12 inch drums. Do they have a deeper sound than the Boxtail units?

Thanks for posting.[/quote]
Hi,robertm....the 2 cocktail drum got more deeper kick sound.The Boxtail 'skick is more punchy & tight...I use it mainly for oversea gigs(easy for transport!).
PETER

using boxtail-kits for last sunday gigs!

Post by PETER »

PETER

GIG'S

Post by PETER »

I'm using my little Boxtail for this concert.10"Roto as Snare, 6" Roto as tom.6"closed Mini-hat(position:Right)using Wood Beater for the Kick.The whole kit weight around 16.6kgs.I borrow my friend's 14" Bottom Hi-hat as Crash/Ride,Cymbal stand & drum stool.
robertm

Post by robertm »

That's really great to see you in action with the kits you have created Peter. And I would think soundwise they fit very well too - proof that a person who knows how to play well is the most important thing about good sounding drums. The sound clips you have posted on the Lau Brothers page prove that. Good work!
PETER

gig's photos

Post by PETER »

Photo taken by my friend.Just got it.From this pic.You can see how small is my Mini Boxtail-kits!! :D
PETER

Gig's photo with new drum!!

Post by PETER »

Me & my brother(bass player!!).I;m using my new 12" kick/tom cocktail drum(note:using 2 yamaha clamp to hold the cymbal stand & hi-hat/10" snare)Remo white-coated 10" & 12" for Snare & tom. 12"Remo Pinestripe at Bottom as Kick drum.We're perfroming for our local Radio TV station's out-door mini concert.
PETER

Post by PETER »

Remember ths "Cocktail-drum with 2 kick"!! OK! I don't like that "Green"colour covering for the drum!! finally! change to this new covering! it's make the drum look more beaufitul!!! :D there's another 10" mini tom attached to the right!! since I need to park my car quite far..plus a bit lazy to carry....so end up with just 1 kick/tom!!
George de Guerre

Post by George de Guerre »

That's a really tiny kit, extremely cool! Makes my kit look like a monster :oops:
PETER

"Tips of Borneo"evening concert!

Post by PETER »

PETER

Penang Jazz Festival

Post by PETER »

This's the photo taken by my friends during the afternoon sound check & also evening show!!! it's really fun to meet so many new friends & also musicians!!! :D i'm using my Mini Travel cocktail-kits and also my personal Audio Technical mic for the show!!! eveybody is impress with my drum's sound!!! after the show...some drummers did come to me and ask alot of my cocktail-kits!!!
PETER

Re: gig's photos

Post by PETER »

Picture taken during Roger & friends concert!

My drum set-up & the nice design carpet!!!
with the choir!!!
robertm

Post by robertm »

Hi Peter. It's nice to see the pictures of your concerts. Having a choir with your group must mean the group has a really big sound for the performance. That's cool! Thanks for posting and keeping us up to date.

Robert
MusicMan

Post by MusicMan »

Hi Peter,

I've enjoyed looking at your mini-kit creations! Keep up the good work.

I've built 4 or 5 cocktail kits over the past few years and they keep getting a little better each time. I'm not as creative as you are, but I'm trying to perfect a modern version of the stand-up cocktail kit with more features.

I recently ordered the new "Reference Pure" shells from Pearl Drums so that I can create a professional cocktail set that will have the latest shell construction and hardware technology. Since it will take 6 months to get the Pearl shells, I'm going to build an inexpensive prototype first and then drill the other shells to match.

MM