new cocktaildrum

PETER

new cocktaildrum

Post by PETER »

Hi!
This is my new drum project just completed last week! it's 12" snare & 10" as kick! the whole drum's high is about 29" tall.
robertm

Post by robertm »

Hi Peter. I just saw this new drum project you posted. That looks really cool! It's a nice design for a cocktail type drum.

Could I ask - does the snare drum have any kind of snare wires - underneath the head, inside the drum? I've been experimenting with snare wires on my cocktail kit and and still trying to get a good snare sound.

Good work!
PETER

Post by PETER »

Hi,Robertom!
Thanks! Yes! there's a Snare-wire attached underneath the drum head.I the snare-wire is about 4" long(cut!) I attached 2 of them inside (position:left side:about 8 o'clock, right side: 4 o'clock).Is always a challange to get a good snare's sound from the Cocktaildrum.
Regards,
Peter
robertm

Post by robertm »

Hi Peter. Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried something similar to how you did the snares on this drum. I took a regular snare wire, cut both ends off at 4", and put them both under the top head of my cocktail drum. It sounded very good! Closest yet to a snare drum sound. Thank you for sharing the details of your work Peter. Us builders can get a lot of help from seeing how you build your drums.
PETER

Post by PETER »

Hi,Robertom!
Haha! you most welcome! Very happy to hear this good news from you!!!

regards,
Peter