Compact "Magic Box drum"

PETER

Compact "Magic Box drum"

Post by PETER »

Hi!
Happy New Year everyone!!! last year few days before Christmas.Completed this "Magic-Box drum"(My friend name it!!!!) Try out at my Local Radio TV studio for recording,it sounded good!!! I will be using this "Magic Box drum" for this year Jazz Fest & some gigs too!!! it's very simple & easy drum project, I just attached the 12" drum head plus shell to the Box's body.As you can see,the 10" mini snare,Pedal,Hi-hat & others can easy fit inside the box!!!I don't even have to bring a drum throne.
haha!! I forgot the 12" splash cymbal!!!!
PETER

Re: Compact "Magic Box drum"

Post by PETER »

This is the whole set-up!!! I may need to change some lighter & short cymbal stand,plus some clmap!!!
robertm

Post by robertm »

Hi Peter. Cool setup!. I like the way you make it compact for carrying. Does the 12 inch bass head give any deeper sound than an 8 inch head?
PETER

Post by PETER »

Hi,Robertm!
Yes! The 12' drum head plus the Bigger Box body make the "Bass-drum" sound Big!!!! :D
PETER

Post by PETER »

Hi,
Just want to share this photos!!It's taken during the band pratice at the studio!! I'm using my "Magic Box" compact drum-kits plus the LP Compact Conga!!! the concert will be on next month 6th&7th!!!
Thanks
Peter
robertm

Post by robertm »

Hi Peter. Thanks for posting - it's always cool to see your work in smaller drumsets, especially in your band setting. Simon is using a Kala Ukulele bass, isn't he? Keep up the creativity - it's one reason I like cocktaildrum.com.

RobertM
zorf

Post by zorf »

Hi Peter,
Always love your designs!
PETER

Post by PETER »

robertm wrote:Hi Peter. Thanks for posting - it's always cool to see your work in smaller drumsets, especially in your band setting. Simon is using a Kala Ukulele bass, isn't he? Keep up the creativity - it's one reason I like cocktaildrum.com.

RobertM
Wow!!! Rovertm!!! you're 100% right!! my brother Simon is using the Kala Ukulele bass....is small but the Bass's sound is "Full"(almost like a Double Bass) there's a video taken during the pratice.you can see it at face book (Roger Wang)!!! My "Magic Box"'s kick sound is "Low & tight" when mic up!!! alot of my drummer's friends come in the studio and try it out!!! well!!! they all find it quite difference & funny position for the Kick drum!!!!
Peter
PETER

Post by PETER »

zorf wrote:Hi Peter,
Always love your designs!
Hi,Zorf!!! thanks alot!!! how's your Cocktail-drum???? hope you enjoy playing it!!!!! :D
PETER

Post by PETER »