Billy Blast's latest Cocktail Kit.

halfcocked

Billy Blast's latest Cocktail Kit.

Post by halfcocked »

Billy Blast's latest Cocktail Drum Kit. Red Ripple Wrap. Remember these are made to order so before you critisize, these were built to someone's spec's. Tell Billy what you want and he can build it for you. http://www.billyblastdrums.com
MusicMan

Re: Billy Blast's latest Cocktail Kit.

Post by MusicMan »

Hi,

Cool wrap. I don't mean to be "critical", but I wonder how anyone could reach those toms while standing 2 1/2 feet away from them and reaching over the hi hat cymbals. Also, I wonder why the customer wanted those big lugs that don't enable the toms to have bottom heads.

MM :)
Last edited by MusicMan on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halfcocked

Post by halfcocked »

This is Billy's standard set, the hi hat stand was an add on along with the 4th leg. Billy will build them how you want so you can get what "you" want. I have a set and the toms are ok to play. More projection with the open bottoms.
MusicMan

Post by MusicMan »

Hi,

I'm in the process of a unique cocktail kit build and I was debating whether or not to use single or double-head toms. I ended up deciding to use double-headed toms because I think the tuning sounds better and it looks classier. However, I can understand that those 2 single-headed toms on the Blast kit would project better.

My build has 16x16 verticle bass drum, 10x5 snare drum, 8x4.5 hi tom, and 12x5.5 lo tom. The snare and toms are mounted over the reso end of the bass drum so that everything is isolated (and there is no "floor tom" at the top end of the bass drum). The hi-hat and cymbals are mounted around the outside of the bass drum shell with tom mounts and boom arms.

I'm hoping to have the finish applied and everything set up by the end of December, so I'll post some pictures.

MM :)