my mini drum project!

jmettam
Site Admin

Re: my mini drum project!

Post by jmettam »

PETER wrote:Hi,Robert!
Thanks! here's another "Vintage-look" Drum-kits photo!
Hey Peter,

I especially like this one. What is the kick drum size?

As always, INSPIRED!

Thanks!

John
MusicMan

Post by MusicMan »

John,

Yes, I like this one too. I've never seen any kind of drum kit with a sideways kick drum.

MM :)
PETER

Post by PETER »

Hi,John & Musicman!
Sorry for the late reply,busy with band pratice,gig & my drum project! The size for this Bass Drum is 22" x 3"(cut).The Kick-Pedal is DIY(very easy/simple job).I find this set up look more interesting & cool on stage.I'm started to play Hand drum/Gong for the Traditional Music Band.Is kind of interesting(beside Jazz music).I'm now build 2 sets of very interesting percussion set.
Thanks
Regards,
Peter Lau
PETER

Post by PETER »

Hi!
Recently perfrom with a Traditional Band as a Percussionist! so, build myself 2 set of Hand drum percussion set!
PETER

Post by PETER »

This is the Tambourine Hi-Hat(cut the Hi-Hat stand)
robertm

Post by robertm »

Hi, Peter. I really like they way you are making percussion sets for traditional music. Since you use a lot of foot pedals can you perform in place of two or more regular percussionsts?
robertm

Post by robertm »

Hi Peter. Cool drum sets, as always - you have a great creative mind. Can you use these sets with the very thin bass drums on stage if you amplify the set through a PA system?
PETER

Post by PETER »

[quote="robertm"]Hi, Peter. I really like they way you are making percussion sets for traditional music. Since you use a lot of foot pedals can you perform in place of two or more regular percussionsts?[/quote]
Hi,Robert!
Sorry for the late reply..Real busy this few months! Normally there's 3 person who play the percussion(Tambourine,Hand-drum,Gong)sometimes is quite a cramp in such a small stage..since,I'm drummer,it's abit easy for me to use my 4 limbs.Just one player can handle the whole gig.Normally,it will attract people on stage to just look at those cable Pedal(after the gig).
PETER

Post by PETER »

[quote="robertm"]Hi Peter. Cool drum sets, as always - you have a great creative mind. Can you use these sets with the very thin bass drums on stage if you amplify the set through a PA system?[/quote]
Yes! just use those normal mic(if they don't have drum's mic)or I will just bring all my Audio-Technical drum mic for the all percussion-kit.It will produce a "Killer" bass sound from the House Speaker
PETER

Post by PETER »

Hi!
I'm start using this slim/flat/light weight mini drum-kits more & more.Just pack the main drum in my Lap-top computer bag,plus another small bag to carry those Law-hat stands,clamps etc! This mini-drum got a tight/fat snare sound.The kick-drum when mic,got a tight/solid mid-tone bass sound.It really lock & produce the nice sound with my brother Bass guitar. as always, whenever I perfrom,I always drive those stage crews & sound Engineer crazy(How to mic up this Crazy drum-kits???). I build another smaller version after my gigs...and it's get even better(will post photo later,once I'm come back from my gig!)
robertm

Post by robertm »

Hi Peter - thank you for the replies. I like the way your kits are getting smaller and smaller. Maybe some day you will make a kit that is credit card size - small enough to carry in your wallet!
PETER

Post by PETER »

Hi,Robert & everyone!
Here's another small drum that I made.This time I'm using 2 pcs 6" drum(1)snare(2)Bass.The bass's sound are more on Mid-Tone(easy for Sound .Eng to EQ)plus, I'm using just a guitar/keyboard amp(simple set-up for wedding/dinner gig)just to mic up the bass drum,so that I can "feel" the "punch".(old/cheap Aiwa mic).When,I bring it for my band pratice,everyone is happy with this small little monster..they love the Bass sound! I also can add in other item like:mini-tom,Metal crasher etc!
PETER

Post by PETER »

Check out the DIY mic holder! :D
PETER

Post by PETER »

Hi,
Just want to share some of last month concert!
PETER

Post by PETER »

Here's another shot from the drum's view.This place is call "Art Gallery of Sabah" newly open for public.we're the 1st concert at that venue!

As usual,after the show,people/drummers will come up to stage & ask me about my mini-drum kits.I have to give another 30 min drum workshop for them!!! it's fun.