MM's Pearl Masterworks Cocktail Kit almost finished :)

MusicMan

MM's Pearl Masterworks Cocktail Kit almost finished :)

Post by MusicMan »

Hi All,

Finally ... after 4 years of design and testing, my Pearl Masterworks cocktail kit is near completion. I finally ordered the final main shell (after building and playing about a half dozen prototypes). I hope to have it ready in mid-summer of 2015.

The snare drum (10") and the two toms (8", 12") have already been completed, but a final modification needed to be made on the main shell (16") before I could put in the final order for it. The design is original, and I think it functions much better than any of the other cocktail kits ever offered before. The finish is a colorful modern "sparkle" lacquer that looks incredible under stage lights.

The design incorporates a real 16" kick drum (with wood hoops) and the snare drum and tom toms appear to float above it in an ergonomic configuration that also completely isolates each of the drums for unprecedented turning capability. The thin-ply drum shells and the advanced hardware elements utilize all of Pearl's most recent innovations. There is also an internal kick drum mic.

I was happy to be able to preserve the traditional concept of a stand-up, low-profile, portable cocktail kit with everything attached to the main shell (including the hi-hat, ride cymbal, crash cymbal, splash cymbal, tambourine, and cowbell). However, this kit is as sturdy, functional, and beautiful as any modern high end trap set.

I'm looking forward to sharing some outdoor photos with you guys when it is finally assembled this summer.

Stay tuned ...

MM :)