Bruce Koller - Peace Manhattan Mod

jmettam
Site Admin

Bruce Koller - Peace Manhattan Mod

Post by jmettam »

Hi John.

I finally got a digital camera and took some shots of my modified Peace Manhattan kit. Hope you can post these for me. I've included 3 shots of the assembled kit. Choose the angle you prefer.

I've also included a shot of my modified pedal (note the block of wood at the heel to make the angle better for a standing player - an idea I got off an old post at the "Lounge") and modified pedal bracket (note the strip of wood bolted to the bracket to give the pedal something to bite into).

The last two pix show my cymbal arms. I had my high hat arm modifed with a sleeve and smaller diameter stock so I could use the plastic and felt cymbal holders from a Yamaha Club Jordan and also to give me enough length above the high hats to clamp my drummer's tambourine. Both arms were also bent to 90 degree angles to bring them down to a more comfortable playing height for me. I also bent the third arm that holds the tom tom, wood block, and cowbell so the tom angle is better but you can't really see the difference without an unmodified arm to compare it to. Also, you can't tell from the photos but I swapped the stock legs for legs from a Yamaha Club Jordan because the stock legs wouldn't let me lower the snare to a comfortable height for me. (I'm 5 foot 7 inches tall - just like Phil Spector. Ever read his autobiography, "A Giant Stands 5 Foot 7"?)

Thanks for your help.

Bruce (the K)
Peace Manhattan Retrofit Team