Peter Lau Builds His Own Cocktail Drum!

jmettam
Site Admin

Peter Lau Builds His Own Cocktail Drum!

Post by jmettam »

Hi,John!

This is my coctail drum that we just completed 0n 25th-05-2004(5 days!)my drum is 12x31.The small tom is 8x5(I cut it!)Just want to thank You,Keith Cronin,Dinkus & Kyle.Without your guy's great information.Me & my friend can't have a smooth job!I try it on the Band.Every one like it.Because they never see such a "Long"tom.I have few photo on the Snare Mechanism(Self Make)Bass pedal "U"bracket(Self Make)If you guys want to see it.I will send it later.

Thanks & have a great day!

Regard,

PETER LAU

palacki808

beautuful

Post by palacki808 »

Very cool looking drum, you should be proud of it. I have to mention that the natural woodgrain is simply beautiful. There are nice looking drum coverings out there, but I still think drums look much better when they are sinmply stained or sealed. Especially maple and walnut. Great work.

-Joe

Re: beautuful

Post by Guest »

palacki808 wrote:Very cool looking drum, you should be proud of it. I have to mention that the natural woodgrain is simply beautiful. There are nice looking drum coverings out there, but I still think drums look much better when they are sinmply stained or sealed. Especially maple and walnut. Great work.

-Joe
Hi,Joe!
Thanks a lot!
Best Regard,
PETER LAU
ak1000

Post by ak1000 »

great looking drum one of the best
PETER

Post by PETER »

Hi,ak1000!
Thank you!
:D PETER
PETER

cocktail-drum "re-size"!!!

Post by PETER »

Last 2 day, decided to change this 12"x31" cocktail-drum to 12"x25"!! reason(1)easy to travel by Air(2)enjoy playing sitting position.I did some change on this kit! add a Tama Boom cymbal stand(leg removed) & use a multi-clamp to clamp it.As for the Hi-Hat, I also made a metal bracket just to hold the Multi-Clamp.
jmettam
Site Admin

Post by jmettam »

Hi Peter,

Fantastic! I love the multi-clamp mounts on the side of the drum!

Where do you get the black mounting plate with the post from? What are they originally designed for?

Thanks for the update,

- John
PETER

black mounting plate !!

Post by PETER »

Hi,John!
That Black mounting plate is home-made.Get a Chrome pipe(any size can do!!)I & weld it on a metal-plate! I spray it black. I used it in most of my cocktail-drum! you can try!!!