More from Peter Lau

jmettam
Site Admin

More from Peter Lau

Post by jmettam »

Hi,John!

This is the photo of my kit just completed on 16th-10-2004.I always enjoy playing my cocktail drum.But after playing for few gigs.I though of a kit can be more" Flexible & adjustable".After spending few hours on my drawing paper.This is what I come out.(1)old 16x16 tama floor tom & cut it to 16x13.Put a plywood on top so that I can attached a Tom holder on it.(2)8"&10" old Pearl toms(3)10"Yamaha Snare.I get a new Yellow colour wrap for my kits.As for the playing position,If I want to play the kit on Coctail style(Stanind position)I just adjust the whole kit to my comfortable heigh(with the Remote Hi-hat closed).The double pedal,Pedal cowbell & the Cable Hi-hat are only use when I'm on sitting position! .If my leg get tired after the 1st&2nd set(Gigs)I can change to "Sitting"position on the 3th&4th set.At lease I can have a comfortable sleep with out feeling my legs's tired & pain!

Thanks
Best Regard,
PETER LAU

palacki808

remo

Post by palacki808 »

Is that a remo spoxe I see on the left?

-Joe
imradioboy

Post by imradioboy »

You really gig with that thing? That's awsome. I bet you get some pretty interesting looks from other drummers.

Re: remo

Post by Guest »

palacki808 wrote:Is that a remo spoxe I see on the left?

-Joe
Yes!Joe.you are right.That's SABIAN 10"mini china cymbal on top of REMO SPOXE.It sound more like a "TRASH"hi-hat than CHINA Cymbal!I can't use China Cymbal at the Hotel Lounge or Coffee house.Because.....every time I hit it.........you know what I mean!!!haha!
PETER LAU

Post by Guest »

imradioboy wrote:You really gig with that thing? That's awsome. I bet you get some pretty interesting looks from other drummers.
Hi,Inradiboy!
Yes!I use that for longer gig.Normally for the 1st & 2nd set.I set it up like 'COCTAIL DRUM"style.(PLAY ON STANDING POSITION)Before the 3rd & 4th set.I will adjust the whole drum to normal drum position(sitting!).Well!This drumsets always draw attention to other drummers.I do use my other 12x31 coctail drum for band pratice and hotel lounge(1hrs set)gig.Since I have Mountain bike accident and serious hurt on my left leg.I can't stand too long.well!I have to says,I really learn a lot of coctail drum idea from this great side.without those 'GURU(teacher)'I can't make my dream come ture.By the way,I'm building another 10x26 mini coctail drum(for traveling gig).Is on the process now.This will be my final coctail drum project(Hope not!!!)Once it done.I will post it!
Have a good day!
PETER LAU

Post by Guest »

imradioboy wrote:You really gig with that thing? That's awsome. I bet you get some pretty interesting looks from other drummers.
Hi,Imradioboy!
If you like,you can go to this wide side to check out the different kind of set up of my drums.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/laubrothers/album?
Thanks.
Regard,
PETER

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:
Hi,Imradioboy!
If you like,you can go to this wide side to check out the different kind of set up of my drums.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/laubrothers/album?
Thanks.
Regard,
PETER
Sorry Guys!Please go to http://www.geocities.com/laubrothers(On Guest Book)you can see different kind of setting of "My Kits".
Thanks!