Will Clay Band - Fredrik Elenius

jmettam
Site Admin

Will Clay Band - Fredrik Elenius

Post by jmettam »

Hey Fred,

Nice stuff on your web site. I thought I would make a new topic to show off your pics to everyone!

Here is their web site:
http://www.willyclayband.se/

And a video of the band:
http://www.willyclayband.se/WCBKortLive_300k.wmv

Please tell us about your Cocktail Kit (I couldn't make out the brand).

You're going to have to explain this one to us...
Looks like you are sitting on a cajon with some sort of drum head in it. Is this set up as a kick somehow?

jmettam
Site Admin

From Bruce (the K)

Post by jmettam »

Hey Fred!

Very cool video and tasty work on the skins. I play in a trio but we do lots of harmony vocals with sort of a country/folk/rock vibe so I really liked your band's style and sound.

Bruce (the K)
Fred

Post by Fred »

Hello guys!

The brand on the cocktail kit on the first foto is Power percussion, a actully bought it on Nashville used music for 220$ in may last year.
It?s a real cheap Yamaha copy but it works great. the snare was a little bit to crappy so first a tried Yamahas Club jordan 8" (you can see it on the other picture) but I think it was just a little bit to small to get a descent snare sound, so I bought another snare, a Yamaha 10" -what a different! now I?m real satisfied with the sound!
The kit is a littbit modified so I can have my cymbals where I want them.

my setup is:
-Power percussion 15x24" bassdrum and 10" tom
-Yamaha BD 10" snare (cheap snare sounds great!)
-Ambassador coated on top
-Powerstroke on batterside bassdrum, clear diplomat on bottom tom and snare
-20" Zildijan K custom dark ride
-16" Zildijan K custom darkcrash
- 8" Zildijan Avedis hi-hat
- Tama Iron Cobra reversed basspedal
- Meinl cowbell
- Shaker and tamburine, brushes and sticks!

The other foto is from that trip. We did a few gigs, on the picture we are at Gibson Bluegrass Showcase playing a couple of songs!
The drum I?m sitting on has a little story, I built i myself and playing bassdrum backwards with the heel with a regular bassdrum pedal.
I can take some photos on it and tell you more about it if someone is interested!

/ Fredrik

Willy Clay Band
Kiruna Sweden
multiperc

sitting box bassdrum

Post by multiperc »

Hi Fred
Your sit-down bass drum with heel pedal is intriquing - looks somehwat like a combo amp cab with a head mounted where the speaker would be. Am I on the right track?
Please share some info on what you did to build this, how it sounds, and what it's like to play it.
Cheers!