my kit

screemnjay

Post by screemnjay »

I have a Custom DW Cocktail Kit. It has a 20x18 Cocktail drum (4" vent in the shell)with a 5x12 fast tom mounted inside on the sound divider and a 5x12 external snare. I have the option of switching the drums position wise since they are the same size allowing me to omit the tom and just play kick and snare. The Hihat (closed) and Crash cymbals (stacked) are also attached. I play a 21" ride next to the kit on a DW vintage style flat based stand. The configuration was chosen to allow me to consider this kit as a primary kit choice for most musical situations. I am considering adding a 13" cocktail legnth (24") tom to my kit. I generally play standing but also have a throne on a cymbal stand base for long gigs. Having an actual kick, snare, and tom, allows the kit to play at reasonably loud volumes without cross talk and offers miking options that please most sound techs. My tendecy is to play the kit as agressive as the music will allow to dispell any "lounge kit" perceptions. I don't have a digital camera so I can't send pictures (sorry). I LOVE MY KIT!!!!!
<p></p><i>Edited by <A HREF=http://pub19.ezboard.com/ujohnmettam.sh ... ge=EN>John Mettam</A> at: 8/16/00 5:34:05 pm<br></i>
John Mettam

Post by John Mettam »

Hey Screemnjay,<br>
<br>
Sounds like a cool kit!<br>
<br>
If you send me pictures I can scan them and post them for you. This goes for anyone else out there!<br>
<br>
Drop me a line at:<br>
<br>
cocktaildrum-owner@listbot.com<br>
<br>
Thanks for the post!<br>
<br>
John
<p></p><i></i>