Cocktail Angst Video Clips!!

John Mettam

Post by John Mettam »

Hey,<br>
<br>
Check out the new video clips of my band Cocktail Angst. There are a few nice shots of me playing the cocktail drum! Yeah, that bald guy with the eyepatch is me! It's a long story : > )<br>
<br>
John<br>
<br>
<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.cocktailangst.com/clips.html ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END-->
<p></p><i></i>
kcronin

Post by kcronin »

Those clips are cool!<br>
<br>
The band sounds hip, and your playing is great!<br>
<br>
-KC
<p></p><i></i>
drew176

Post by drew176 »

John, <br>
<br>
Very cool stuff! Great sound, great arranging, great playing all around!
<p></p><i></i>
Tom E. Gunn

Post by Tom E. Gunn »

Hello John,

I'm just starting to explore this cocktail drum scene. I love your band but not as much as my longtime girlfriend did after she heard your clips. She is from San Paolo, Brazil and really digs your bossa nova grooves.

Tom E. Gunn
So. Cal, USA
Fred

Post by Fred »

Nice!, here?s a videoclip from lastyear with our band check i out!
(just 300k to download)

http://www.willyclayband.se/WCBKortLive_300k.wmv

/Fred
Bruce (the K)

Post by Bruce (the K) »

Hey Fred!

Very cool video and tasty work on the skins. I play in a trio but we do lots of harmony vocals with sort of a country/folk/rock vibe so I really liked your band's style and sound.

Bruce (the K)
Martin McFly

.mp?s on your webpage

Post by Martin McFly »

just one question:

is every song on your webpage (i like them!) recorded by using a cocktail kit??? :?:

respect 8)

McFly

www.come-unity.de
jmettam
Site Admin

Re: .mp?s on your webpage

Post by jmettam »

Martin McFly wrote:just one question:

is every song on your webpage (i like them!) recorded by using a cocktail kit??? :?:
Well, the short answer is yes!

BUT, depending on the song, there are several percussion overdubs...

All of the kick, snare, and cymbal are Cocktail Kit. The basic cowbell and bongos are played live, though some of the tracks I doubled the bongo part with real bongos. Then there are shakers, some cunga, triangle, vibraslap, tamborine, etc.

The only real drum overdubs are on the last track (Gidget & Martin) where there are classic, long sixteenth note tom fills (dugu-dugu dugu-dugu dugu-dugu) those were overdubed using a set of North Drums for that extra classic (flat) tom sound. And the track 'Mindless' has some processed overdubs in the Drum & Bass section of the song, some Cocktail, some regular kit. I believe that there is one suspended cymbal overdub as well on one track.

I can give you more details on any individual track if you are curious.

Thanks for checking it out!

- John