my 10"mini VERI-PITCH Cocktail drum

PETER

my 10"mini VERI-PITCH Cocktail drum

Post by PETER »

Hi,John & Everyone!
Just want to share my new drum photo with all of you.This drum just completed 12-04-2005.As I always wanted a "Veri-Pitch"Cocktail drum.Finally,my dream come true!The main drum is 10"Roto(Snare).

This's how I attached the Remote Hi-Hat & Cymbal(I'm using Yamaha clamp)

This's how I attached the snare's wire(I'm using the Hose clamp to clmap the "Paper clip"so that it won't move under hard playing!)

Sometimes,I like to add a 8"Small tom.

Regards,
Peter Lau
jmettam
Site Admin

Ceri-Pitch

Post by jmettam »

Hi Peter,

Very Cool!

What is the kick drum on this kit?

Thanks

John
multiperc

Post by multiperc »

and some more questions, Peter.....

what is the material you're using for the 'body' of the drums? Is this a new material or construction that provides some improvement in tone or projection?

Do you have any recordings? This looks wild!
Now that you have about 7 different designs and builds, do you have favorites? or any that are particularly useful for different types of music or playing?

Thanks in advance for more info on all of this.
PETER

Re: Ceri-Pitch

Post by PETER »

[quote="jmettam"]Hi Peter,

Very Cool!

What is the kick drum on this kit?

Thanks

John[/quote]
Hi,John!
Ya!forgot to mention the Kick.The design for this kit it's the same like my "Boxtail"drum.I'm using 10"Remo Pinstripe for the "Bass".Thanks for putting the photos! :D
Peter
PETER

Post by PETER »

[quote="multiperc"]and some more questions, Peter.....

what is the material you're using for the 'body' of the drums? Is this a new material or construction that provides some improvement in tone or projection?

Do you have any recordings? This looks wild!
Now that you have about 7 different designs and builds, do you have favorites? or any that are particularly useful for different types of music or playing?

Thanks in advance for more info on all of this.[/quote]
Hi,Multiperc!
I'm using 1cm thick plywood for the whole body(8pcs Hexagon shape).Inside I use the wood expoxy to seal it.I like the wrap,very shining "dark marble" colour(Too bad,my cheap D.Camera doesn't bring out the colour!)wow!you really count my drums haha!Ok!I like them all.But,I like this one,cause(1) the position of playing this drum it's very comfortable (only 24"tall)and the Hi-hat,cymbals,cowbell & wood block position is very near and easy reach.(2)I can change the "pitch"of the Snare and tom just by turning the roto!I'm playing with different kind of musician and music,so this drum can cover mostly everything! :) This drum just completed yesterday(12-04-2006)so I haven't got the time to record or video taking.Don't worry,I will do it!
Thanks
Peter
ricky

peter's kits

Post by ricky »

Peter,I have to say you come up with the wildest sets I've seen...Ever think of going into business with the kits you make?It does seem like you've got a handle on the building end of making these different types of drums,let us know what you think of making these fulltime!{ If it's profitable and affordable to you} :)
PETER

thanks

Post by PETER »

Hi,Ricky!
Thanks alot for the kind words.Hmmm...drum making business,good idea! :D But,I just treat it more like a Hobby!anywhere,if it happen I will let you know!!!
Best Regards,
Peter