1967 Ludwig Gold Coast, Burgundy Sparkle

mlvbs

1967 Ludwig Gold Coast, Burgundy Sparkle

Post by mlvbs »

Hi, I wanted to show you guys my '67 Ludwig Gold Coast kit. If you folks don't appreciate it no one will! If anyone knows what this originally came with (brushes? sticks?), let me know, as I'd like to make it complete.

jmettam
Site Admin

Gold Coast

Post by jmettam »

Hi Bill,

Welcome to the forums!

If you follow the navigation on the left to 'Catalogs' you will find several pages from old Ludwig catalogs. The Gold COast is listed on the foloowing:

'63 - Pg. 10
'64 - Pg. 33
'67 - Pg. 16

Of course check out all the other cool catalog pages!

Looks like this drum came with the following (description is parenthesis are from pre-67 catalogs):

3x13 Snare Drum
12x18 Bass Drum
Retracting Snare Drum Holder (Snare Drum Holder Assembly)
Speadmaster Pedal (Pedal)
Disappearing Spurs (Retracting Spurs)
Wire Brushes (Brushs)
Morella Model Sticks (Sticks)

$200 in 1967

- John
mlvbs

Post by mlvbs »

Great info, thanks! It looks like I've got everything except for the brushes and sticks. These drums were purchased by a drummer in 1968 that played with a group called the "Burgundy Street Singers." They were a vocal harmony group that played gigs ranging from small campus shows to larger concerts...they even appeared on some television shows. The drummer wanted a kit that could be used in any situation, so along with the cocktail drums he also ordered matching toms. I've since also added a matching 22 to the set:

ratatattat

Post by ratatattat »

Wow! I just love the burgandy sparkle! Great kit man!! I bet they sound as good as they look too!!
Shorty