Ordered a Sonic Drive cocktail kit

MetalHead

Ordered a Sonic Drive cocktail kit

Post by MetalHead »

I finally did it, after much considration, I decided to buy a cocktail kit I've been looking at on ebay for awhile now.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DRUM-KIT-UPRIGHT ... dZViewItem

I'm in Australia if anyone's wondering why I bought from here. The postage was pretty good at $55. I can't wait untill it arrives, hopefully this week. I'll post a review when I've checked it out :D I've even got a gig playing some jazz in a restaurant next month that I'm going to use the cocktail for.
hayden

Post by hayden »

Hey MetalHead,

I am also in Australia and purchased a sonic drive kit about 6 weeks ago. I am truly impressed with the quality of sound and construction! It is a wonderful kit and the stained wood finish is very nice. I did have an issue with stripping the thread on one of the tom mounts due to over-zealous tightening in response to the myriad of percussion I have now added on rim-claw set ups. It was easy enough to strip a leg mount off an old floor-tom and mount this as a replacement on the floor-bass drum of the cocktail kit.

The sonic-drive crash/ride I also received left a lot to be desired, however the cute little ten inch hi-hats are very nice as closed/semi-closed hats.

So all in all a great, very cute, kit. I am having stacks of fun playing jazz-funk fusion and some reggae like stuff.

Congratulations,

Hayden.