Davis, Calif. Farmers Market, Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bruce (the K)

Davis, Calif. Farmers Market, Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Post by Bruce (the K) »

My band, Odd Man Out, is playing at the Davis Farmers Market on Wednesday, August 22, from 5:00 to 8:30 pm, with a half-hour show at 7:00 pm by the B:C:Clettes (get it?), a women's dance troupe from British Columbia that dance using BICYCLES! That's all I know about them.

The Farmers Market is located at 3rd and B streets in downtown Davis, just minutes off Interstate 80 at the Richards Blvd exit. Hope some of you Northern California cocktail drummers can come by and check it out.

I play a modified (of course) Peace Manhattan cocktail drum set and sing. We also have an electric lead guitarist (with a nice vintage Strat), an acoustic/electric rhythm guitarist/vocalist (with a nice Taylor), and an electric bass guitarist/vocalist (with a surprisingly nice, cheap ESP bass). We rotate lead vocals and do a lot of two- and three-part harmonies, playing mostly covers of old folk-rock and country-rock songs from our younger days (Byrds, Eagles, Band, Beatles, etc.).

This gig is especially meaningful for me because it was a little more than 7 years ago that I laid eyes on my first cocktail drum (a Club Jordan) that was being played by a local band at the Farmers Market. It inspired me to take up the drums (after 30 years of rhythm guitar) and form this band. I feel like I've come full circle. Now maybe I can turn on a few people to the wonders of the cocktail drum.

Bruce (the K)
matthew medeiros

Davis Farmers market

Post by matthew medeiros »

Ah,man, too bad Davis is so far north of Me, I'd love to check it out. Definitely post if you play farther south. :)
Matthew