Supper club gig

Bruce (the K)

Supper club gig

Post by Bruce (the K) »

My band, Odd Man Out, is playing during dinner at Little Prague, a Bohemian restaurant in downtown Davis, CA, on Saturday, October 20, from 6 ot 9 pm. We're playing acoustic on this one (except for our bass player, who has to cheat and use a small amp to be heard). I use ProMark Cool Rods to keep the volume down on my cocktail kit and we just sing over the din without microphones. It sounds pretty good, kind of like a jug band.

Little Prague serves the Czech (original) version of Budweiser and you haven't lived until you've tried it. U.S. Bud pales by comparison.
matthew medeiros

Praha( Prague) gig

Post by matthew medeiros »

Hey Bruce, sounds cool, have fun!! I drove through the Czech and Slovak Republichs in 1990, and with the exchange rate, a half-liter mug of Budwar(budweiser) fresh from the tap was about 25 cents!!! Needless to say, I had a few(hundred). Here, budweiser is the King of beers, in Czech Republic it's the beer of Kings!!
Matthew
Bruce (the K)

It was a blast!

Post by Bruce (the K) »

Just wanted to report that our gig went very well. A bunch of our friends who commute with us on the Amtrak Capitol Corridor train came down for dinner. Our lead guitarist wasn't available but we rocked out as an acoustic trio and my Peace Manhattan cocktail kit made me look good.

We heard that Governor Schwartznegger eats at this place sometimes (the closest he can get to Austrian home cooking) so we were hoping he'd show up. We could have given him our autographs. :)

The owner loved us, gave us lots of good Czech beer, appetizers, and full meals that I'm still working on a day later. Looks like we may have found our steady casual gig at last!
matthew medeiros

Little Prague

Hey Bruce, I've heard of this place before but heard that it is a very small place. Where did you play???
Matthew
Bruce (the K)

Post by Bruce (the K) »

Matthew,

They have two buildings next door to each other. One is a long, narrow room with a long bar. They have rock bands in there on weekends.

The other building has a small main dining room and then an enclosed porch shaped like an L that wraps around two sides. We played in the corner of the L. I'm not sure how well the folks in the restaurant could hear us but our friends were all seated near us so they heard us fine.

Bruce
matthew medeiros

Arnold(our guv'nor)

Actually, Arnold owns a restuarant in Venice, Venice beach ( Calif.)called Schatzie's, His Mom used to run it, I'm not sure is She is still alive, I imagine He eats there from time to time (wonder if He gets a discount)
Matthew